Do you find yourself momentarily or constantly in a lazy mode and you wonder who would do your cleaning for you?
You are not the only one who has been in this state and I assure you that you are only one step away from reaching a lazy guide to cleaning up your room.
While actively taking care of the room could be a default setting for many, a few of us will rather take the easy and lazy way as the alternative. Yet, we still achieve the same result. We have gone round to compile a lazy guide to make cleaning your room seamless, faster and fun!
Easy guide to keep your room clean when you are lazy
Some say cleaning up the room is an effective way of getting out of laziness and getting started for the day. I nevertheless ask how viable this is when you don’t feel motivated to do any cleaning at all. In this article, you will learn how to clean your room when you feel lazy, simple DIYs to make cleaning seamless and how to get motivated for cleaning.
Get ready for the easy cleaning:
- Arrange your bed when you get up: Having a neat bed has a tendency to offer your room a feel that it is neat and additionally sets you in the mood for cleaning. So, one way to get your room looking fresh and neat is to arrange your bed immediately, when you come out of it.
- Own a doormat and make use of it: Having a doormat at the entrance of your room will help prevent your shoes carrying dirt all around your room.
- Invest in a few organizing furniture: Organizing furniture like shoe racks, cloth hangers, ward rope, bag organizer will help a lot in keeping your things arranged and also ease you of the pressure of arranging. You can easily place your accessories to their places as you remove them.
- Return items to appropriate places when you move around: Other items that are still laying in inappropriate places can be placed at their rightful positions anytime you stroll around. At each attempt to walk around, ensure you hold something that has been improperly placed to their rightful places.
- Use wipes to clean: Another way to make cleaning your room easy is to use wipes. Most wipes come soaked in substantial amounts of water or cleaning agents to make your work easier. For surfaces, tables and bed frames, you can use wipes to clean off dust. You can also do this for maintenance.
- Use a tray to avoid having food crumbles: Cleaning crumbles of food may be pretty difficult, especially when it scatters around. To avoid adding more dirt to the room, ensure you use a tray for food/junks.
- Have slippers you wear within your room: The major idea is to minimize dirt and maintain the neatness of the room. To make sure of this, you might need to have slippers specifically allocated for your room only. This will prevent the carriage of dirt from other places to your room.
- Wipe your bathroom tiles and tap after bath: The bathroom tiles are easier to clean when they are properly soaked. After each bath, you can have baking soda and water solution to swipe the tiles and taps. This will help to keep them sparkling all the time and make doing your work there more comfortable.
- Clean smartly, not hardly: The major idea of having a lazy guide to cleaning your room is to clean smartly and not hardly. There are hacks and tricks you can engage in rather than the rigorous cleaning and scrubbing. Make use of materials, tools and hacks that make cleaning easier.
- Hire a cleaning service: After all is said and done, if you will still prefer someone else to do the cleaning, you can hire the service of a cleaning service near you. You can always pick up from the finished work and maintain cleanliness using the proposed tips above.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to clean up your house with little effort?
The best way to clean up your house with little effort is to maintain cleanliness as possible. Piling up dirt or doing things that will contribute to more dirt makes cleaning rigorous. Cleaning daily on the other hand makes it easier and less overwhelming. In summary, maintaining cleanliness will go a long way in creating the sparkling house effect without too much effort.
How do you start cleaning when you don’t want to?
You don’t always wake up feeling like cleaning, especially after thinking about how rigorous it could be, you would rather not want to. When you find yourself in this kind of situation, you can build up your motivation for cleaning by following the tips below:
- You can start your cleaning day by listening to your favourite song to set you in a good mood for cleaning.
- Always have your cleaning materials around you and have them in your favourite colours.
- Start with the easiest part, so you don’t get overwhelmed from the start.
- You can also clean your favourite part of the house first to get motivation.
- Listen to music, podcast or have a phone conversation keeping you company.
- Clean smartly and easily by replicating hacks and tricks.
- Have a plan to reward yourself after cleaning. Setting your gaze on the reward can help to keep you motivated.
How-to keep your house clean when you are lazy?
Are you looking for how you can keep your house clean when you are lazy? All you need is the lazy guide to cleaning up your room. Read through the section, and you will be sure to have a cleaner room without having to do any hard work.
What are some cleaning DIYs and Hacks?
The smarter way to clean up your house is to take the shortcuts, the cleaning DIYs. Not only do they make your work faster, they also help you not to expel all your strength on cleaning.
Some of these includes:
- Use Colgate toothpaste to keep your bathroom taps clean.
- Soaking your bathing shower in vinegar and water helps to keep it clean.
- Use a hairdryer to remove unwanted stickers from your household materials.
- Use baking soda and water to wash rusting particles from your household materials.
- Colgate with Coca-Cola might work perfectly well for keeping your toilet and sink sparkling.
- Use a sticky surface like sticky tape to remove stubborn particles from your floor.
- Take off mattress stains by wiping with baking soda and vinegar.
- Take off oil from your pan using lemon.
- Remove the hair from your sweeping brush by using a pointed surface.
- While waiting for your bin to be full before trashing, you can use baking soda or other deodorants to take out unpleasant smells.
For more cleaning hacks, click here. Also see our post on how to deal with cockroaches in the house.
In summary, achieving cleanliness when you feel lazy or not up to cleaning is very achievable. While this may not promise no work at all, it would simplify cleaning and make it easy for the laziest person. Ensure to take the lazy guide to cleaning each time you find yourself not motivated to clean. Which of the tracks will you be replicating? Kindly let us know in the comment section. Happy cleaning!