At some point in our lives, we all have work, family, friends, or personal projects fighting for the 24 hours we have got. Yet, you have just realized you must add an extra activity – cleaning the house!
Sadly, it is impossible to brush aside the cleaning of your house. The impact of such negligence is usually felt in productivity. One begins to spend more time accomplishing some tasks within the house. You can imagine how distracting it will be to fix dinner when your kitchen is in a mess.
At some point, someone is going to have to do the cleaning. If your worry is not having enough time to do all the cleaning, here is the news, you don’t need to do it all at once!
Check out our ultimate cleaning guide for busy people to dive your way into easy cleaning.
15 Efficient House Cleaning Tips for Busy People
The key to maintaining cleanliness in your house is to have a laid down plan and follow them through. The tips below will help you effortlessly add cleaning to your daily activities without any distortion of your schedule.
Read on to find out the 15 efficient house cleaning tips for busy people.
- A section each day: Taking the entire house as a whole may be straining and time-consuming, we would rather have you make it a section a day. You can split the compartments of your house into the seven days of the week and focus on the compartment for the day.
- Clean daily: Avoid having piled up cleaning, work on the compartment for each day.
- Use spare moments: While waiting for your microwave timing or your TV set to boot, get your hands on a couple of things. You can easily use these spare moments to do some cleaning.
- After-use cleaning: One of the best ways to prevent rigorous cleaning is to clean your household items immediately after use. At this time, the surface is still soft and easy to brush off.
- Have multiple storage: Avoid having many items to clean by having your items in storage. Items kept in storage have a lesser tendency of getting dusty.
- Own a laundry bag or basket: I haven’t thought of anything that makes a home look disorganized than having clothes hung all over. You will need a laundry bag or basket where you can keep your used clothes. This will help to uplift the aesthetic look of your room, while also making it easy for you to sort your clothes when you are ready to wash them.
- Keep your bed tidy: Tidying up your bed is the first aesthetic look you can give your room. It does not only help you feel comfortable within your room, but it also tends to offer your room a feeling that it is neat.
- Use a professional cleaning service: When it gets tough, use a professional cleaning service. At clean buddies, we offer comprehensive, high-quality, reliable cleaning solutions to commercial, corporate, industrial, and residential clients.
- Sort items out for replacement: It is inevitable to have items from other rooms in places they are not meant to be. As such, you will need to cut down the time you spend organizing the house by sorting out these items. You can place them back in their spaces when you step out.
- Deal with dirt before it clutters: Watch out for your bathroom and kitchen, they easily gather specks of dirt and, you may have to deal with it before it gets cluttered. Cluttered dirt that is unattended to is harder to clean. By simply wiping your sink, you prevent future rigorous cleaning.
- Keep cleaning supplies within reach: Are you always unmotivated to clean? Try placing your cleaning supplies within your reach and watch the outcome.
- Fix malfunctioning cleaning devices immediately it happens: Taking out time within your busy schedule to phone a repair company will go a long way in preventing complications. You wouldn’t want to have to delay your daily cleaning due to some malfunction.
- Throw away old foods before decay: Having untouched leftovers is commonplace for all. You can help prevent additional cleaning by taking out leftovers that are no longer fit for consumption.
- Save your used plates in the dishwasher, wash them when it’s full: Try to do less by saving your used plate in your dishwasher. When it’s full, you can wash it all together.
- Make your home smell nice: A home that smells nice makes everywhere look comfortable and clean. Not only will you be able to breathe in fresh air, but you will also feel relaxed to work on other things on your schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I keep my house clean when I work full-time?
If you always find yourself very busy and fixated on your full-time job, there is a way you can keep up with life and your home on a less chaotic level.
- Use the ultimate cleaning guide for busy people: You need to make use of the ultimate cleaning to help you keep your schedule intact, while you maintain cleanliness in your home.
- Choose warm colours: Choosing warm colours against sharp and obvious ones will help in keeping some dirt a secret. The overall look will seem as though everywhere is clean.
- Keep a doormat at your entrance: One easy way to cut how frequently you vacuum is to have a doormat at your entrance. It helps you not to take dirt into your house. On a rainy day, it works more magic by preventing you from walking all over the house on moldy feet.
- Own a kitchen towel or tray: It is not too difficult as it seems to maintain a clean kitchen. We know that the kitchen easily gets cluttered with dirt, and for this, you will need a kitchen towel or tray you can easily place underneath what you are doing. Let all the crumbles fall on the towel rather than on your kitchen furniture.
- Clean while doing something you enjoy: Clean the fun way! Enjoy yourself while you clean. Listen to music, play a podcast, phone a friend, or watch your favorite TV show while you fold your washed clothes. The idea is to get motivated!
How can I make cleaning less stressful?
It is possible to make cleaning fun and less stressful, check out the subtitle below to find out how.
- Reward yourself: Set a reward for yourself before cleaning. Seeing the reward helps to keep you motivated.
- Clean when you enjoy doing it: Seize each moment you enjoy cleaning. When you feel motivated to clean, try to lay your hands on multiple things.
- Set realistic cleaning goals: Avoid having a cleaning goal that is dead on arrival. Set achievable goals within the time available to you.
- Take it a step at a time: You wouldn’t want to get overwhelmed or stressed out. Take the cleaning section by section each day.
- Use the lazy guide: You can also check our previous post on the lazy guide to cleaning up your room. It proffers an easy solution to cleaning up your room.
- Delegate tasks: If you have people or cleaning devices around you, delegate the task. It helps to cut time spent and keeps you from being stressed.
- Make use of cleaning hacks and tricks: We don’t want you to be stressed with rigorous cleaning. Make use of cleaning hacks to make the work easier. Check out some hacks in our previous post.
While it is inevitable to be free from the busy life you are encumbered with, it is certain that maintaining a clean house is still very much achievable. Hopefully, this ultimate cleaning guide for busy people will help you strike a balance between both without distorting your schedule in any way.
What other things do you do to keep your house clean as a busy person? Do let us know in the comment section below. Enjoy a happy cleaning!